[dpdk-users] RSS in X710 NIC

Eli Britstein eli.britstein at toganetworks.com
Thu Dec 1 10:28:35 CET 2016

Hello all,

I am trying to operate RSS in X710 NIC.
In order to do so, I use l3fwd example.
I added a printf in l3fwd_lpm.c, right after rte_eth_rx_burst to print the lcore, queueid and nb_rx.
In my server I have 2 NICs. 82599 and X710. From each NIC I connect to a switch, and another connection to another server running pktgen, with range DST IPs.
I operate with this cmdline:
./build/l3fwd -c f -n 1 -w <PORT_PCI_ADDRESS> -- -P -p 1 -config "(0,0,1),(0,1,2)"
Where <PORT_PCI_ADDRESS> is either a port from 82599 NIC or the X710 one.

With 82599 (using ixgbe), I see packets on both queues (0,1).
With X710 (using i40e) I see packets always on queue 0.
Though there is a message that I'd expect it should work.
PMD: i40e_pf_config_rss(): Max of contiguous 2 PF queues are configured

I use DPDK 16.07. Also tried 16.11 (and had to add -parse-ptype flag).

Please advise.
Thanks,
Eli
This email and any files transmitted and/or attachments with it are confidential and proprietary information of
Toga Networks Ltd., and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential
information of Toga Networks Ltd., and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named
addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately
by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not
the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on
the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.