[dpdk-users] UDP stack for DPDK?

Wiles, Keith keith.wiles at intel.com
Thu Dec 8 20:15:41 CET 2016

> On Dec 8, 2016, at 12:14 PM, David Aldrich <David.Aldrich at EMEA.NEC.COM> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I am a beginner with DPDK. I am working on a high-throughput networking application that services a single 10Gb/s Ethernet connection using a NIC that uses the Intel 560SFP+ chipset.  I am working with Wind River Linux, but will develop a test version under Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
>
> The network connection is purely UDP.
>
> What would be the easiest way of providing a UDP stack over DPDK?  Are there any open-source stacks available?

There are a number of UDP/TCP based stacks: Just google dpdk protocol stack or user space network stacks.

Here is a short list and I do not endorse or assume they will solve your protocol needs.
- dpdk-ans https://github.com/opendp/dpdk-ans
- libuinet https://github.com/pkelsey/libuinet
- rump kernel https://github.com/rumpkernel/drv-netif-dpdk
- TLDK https://wiki.fd.io/view/TLDK
- libos-nuse  http://libos-nuse.github.io/
- mTCP - strictly speaking this is a TCP only stack

A bunch more can be found.

> Best regards
>
> David

Regards,