[dpdk-users] VF bound to vfio-pci fails pci_map_device

Sowmini Varadhan sowmini05 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 17:58:31 CET 2016

On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 11:41 AM, Sergio Gonzalez Monroy
<sergio.gonzalez.monroy at intel.com> wrote:

> I don't have that kernel (3.8.13) available to me at the moment, so if you
> double check that everything is setup properly and you still have issues,

thanks for the reply- I figure out what it was: I was forgetting to do
   make headers_install INSTALL_HDR_PATH=/usr
from my 3.8 kernel build dir, so it was including an older linux/version.h..
After fixing that (plus booting with intel_iommu=on, and buidling kernel
with the needed CONFIG_VFIO* options), testpmd comes up correctly
with the vf.

I'll take a look at the addtional docs around testpmd that you shared,
and get back if I run into questions- thanks again for the hint.