[dpdk-users] DPDK 2.2 MLX4: problem with number of TX/RX queues

Harold Demure harold.demure87 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 22:36:59 CET 2016

Hello Vincent,
  Thank you for your reply. I followed the same reasoning as you did,
looking at the source code earlier today.

Can you send me a link that explains how to change RX for my NIC?
I have been looking around for that, and also performed the steps in the
DPDK official guide for MLX4, but apparently nothing changed (at least, the
error was still there).

In addition, I have to describe a new strange behavior: even *without
changing anything rss-wise*, but just enabling the increased debugging
verbosity (CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_MLX4_DEBUG=y), the error I had suddenly
disappeared.

I cannot really explain what happened. Can anybody?

At this point (with the debug prints), now my code blocks because
apparently mlx4 does not support FlowDir, so I have to change a bit my
software, which is built to use it.

Still, I would love to know what's going on with my rx/tx queues.

Thank you.
Regards,
   Harold