[dpdk-users] Virtio crash

Prabahar Radhakrishnan prab at viptela.com
Wed Jul 27 02:33:27 CEST 2016

Hi,
     I am trying to enable virtio for our application.  The driver
registration is all working and initialization is fine as well.  But, when
I call "*rte_eth_rx_burst()*" API to receive packets, driver crashes  "
*virtio_recv_mergeable_pkts()*" while calling "VIRTQUEUE_NUSED()".  Looks
like the vq_ring is not initialized.  I am using dpdk-2.2 and I saw that in
the archives there was an issue in dpdk-2.2 in device restart.  I don't
have a device restart condition.  Any idea what might be happening?

Device restart issue I am referring to:
http://openvswitch.org/pipermail/discuss/2016-March/020551.html

Thank you
regards Prab