[dpdk-users] KNI app random mac generation

Andriy Berestovskyy aber at semihalf.com
Thu Jun 9 14:22:53 CEST 2016

Hi Anand,
Basically if KNI kernel module is able to communicate with the NIC
(igb, ixgbe), it will use the MAC of the NIC. Otherwise KNI will set a
random MAC.

I'm not sure about any plans to change such a behavior, but you can
use ip(8) or ifconfig(8) to always set the same MAC on system startup.

Andriy

--
Andriy Berestovskyy