[dpdk-users] Is it possible to TX through a port with no RX connected?

Pavey, Nicholas npavey at akamai.com
Wed Jun 15 14:56:24 CEST 2016

Hi Andrea,

Would it be possible to pass the incoming (tapped) traffic through a switch?

Perhaps that might allow the interfaces between the system being tapped and the switch to go down, while leaving the interfaces between the switch and the DPDK machine up? The switch would deal with the intermittent link-down conditions, without taking down the links to the DPDK and therefore not taking down your DPDK TX links too.

I know it’s extra cost, but perhaps it would allow you to make progress.

Regards,

Nick