[dpdk-users] Issue with ipsec-secgw sample application on VM using Intel QAT device (pass-through mode)

Chinmaya Dwibedy ckdwibedy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 09:26:08 CEST 2016

Hi Sergio,

As suggested by you, run ‘app/test' application and then run
'cryptodev_qat_autotest' . Found the same issue i.e., It halts in
rte_cryptodev_dequeue_burst () (while loop) in process_crypto_request ()
function (app/test/test_cryptodev.c).

Debugged the qat_crypto_pkt_rx_burst() (in drivers/crypto/qat/qat_crypto.c)
and found that , the value of resp_msg is 0x7F7F7F7F (i.e.,
ADF_RING_EMPTY_SIG) . Thus it is not getting crypto packet (i.e., rte_mbuf)
from the RX queue.  But I find that, in qat_crypto_pkt_tx_burst(),
the  qat_alg_write_mbuf_entry() is being called. The
qat_alg_write_mbuf_entry () prints qat_req  using rte_hexdump () and
returns zero.

One question, the base_addr + tail of tx_q (in qat_crypto_pkt_tx_burst())
should be same as base_addr + head (in qat_crypto_pkt_rx_burst()). Right ?
Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Also can you please provide some pointers for further debugging? Would it
be configuration issue? Note that, I am using VF in VM.

Thank you once again for your prompt response and great support.

Regards,

Chinmaya