[dpdk-users] [dpdk-dev] [Crypto-API query]
anupam.kapoor at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 11:44:35 CEST 2016
>>>>> [2016-06-28T12:31:02+0530]: "amartya.das" (amartya.das):
moved the discussion to dpdk-users (from dpdk-dev)
,----[ amartya.das ]
| But getting same error:
| <elided a bunch of stuff>
| Not sure about the problem, any path setting wrong so that it is not fetching?
couple of things:
- assuming standard build paths, can you please check if
'CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_PMD_AESNI_MB=y' in your, build/.config ?
- if it is, then see if you have bunch of object files in
for example, for me i see a bunch of files:
-rw-rw-r-- 1 anupam anupam 26068 Jun 28 14:28 librte_pmd_aesni_mb.a
-rw-rw-r-- 1 anupam anupam 0 Jun 28 14:28 _postbuild
-rw-rw-r-- 1 anupam anupam 0 Jun 28 14:28 _postinstall
-rw-rw-r-- 1 anupam anupam 15192 Jun 28 14:28 rte_aesni_mb_pmd.o
-rw-rw-r-- 1 anupam anupam 10456 Jun 28 14:28 rte_aesni_mb_pmd_ops.o
- if you see this as well, then, while building the l2fwd-crypto
application, make sure that you have
'AESNI_MULTI_BUFFER_LIB_PATH' pointing to the correct place.
- if this is also true, then check and see if your application
contains aes.*pmd symbols e.g.
objdump -t build/l2fwd-crypto | grep 'aes.*pmd'
- if this gives you something useful, then you are almost there :)
running the application e.g. like so:
[root at perf3 dpdk-sources]# examples/l2fwd-crypto/build/app/l2fwd-crypto -c 0xc -n 3 --vdev="cryptodev_aesni_mb_pmd,socket_id=0,max_nb_sessions=128"
starts doing something sane...
couple of minor things:
- after building the crypto-multi-buffer support make sure to run
the tests as well in 'LibTestApp'
if you are running on vcpu's this would most likely fail (no avx
- please note thtat 'socket_id' in the dpdk-cryptodev page is set
More information about the users