[dpdk-users] Send and Receive packets to/from specific core

Mahdi Moradmand Badie mahdi.mbadie at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 23:19:25 CET 2016

So you mean,
each core works with its thread as a worker, and in the ring as a share
memory, all cores(via their threads) could write and read in each part of
the ring (but it is better each core access to its threads).
My questions:
1) How I could access to cache/register/etc of each core if so?
2) How could I consider ring as share cache (L3), because here we use ring
as a share memory but if I wanna use share cache how I could do it, is
there any availability in DPDK?
3) Is there any possibility to use ring as real memory, I mean ,Can I ask
the core to write the message in the specific part of ring (from this
address to this address)?
4) I wanna have a share memory (ring or whatever) with for example the size
4 (4 free place for read and write) which filled at first with 1, 7, 3, 4.
Then each core (0, 1, 2, 3 and I have totally 4 cores in my machine) read
the slot and add 1 to it and again write it in share memory so the result
should be  (2, 8, 4, 5), this is possible do with ring? if so how? and each
core just could access to its specific part (or better in order to prevent
bad design)?

Sorry because I am new in DPDK and with not enough knowledge of C maybe my
questions seems crazy :)
Thanks,

--
M at hdi Mor at dm@nd B at die