[dpdk-users] Is DPDK compatible with C++11 threads?

Anupam Kapoor anupam.kapoor at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 05:14:43 CET 2016

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 2:30 AM, Wiles, Keith <keith.wiles at intel.com> wrote:

> Also look at one of the DPDK examples as it uses a lthread on top of
> pthreads and it may give you some ideas as to how multiple threads can
> work. I am trying to remember which example and my dev machine is down at
> this time, but just search for lthread.

​this one: ​http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/sample_app_ug/performance_thread.html

one more thing that you probably need to watch out for would be libc
interactions within your C++11 application e.g. usage of stl containers
might exact a severe performance penalty...

--
kind regards
anupam

In the beginning was the lambda, and the lambda was with Emacs, and Emacs
was the lambda.