[dpdk-users] Howto control sending IFG

VERDOUX, Sylvain s.verdoux at evs.com
Tue Nov 15 15:30:55 CET 2016

Hi,

Using i40e pmd i'm currently trying to control precisely packets emission rate. When dealing with an IFG (inter frame gap) of 1ms it works fine, but dealing with IFG under 100us I'm seeing bursts on the receiver. I was wondering if there was a better way to be close to the wanted IFG instead of waiting and using rte_eth_tx_burst with 1 packet at a time. I did not see anything relevant in mbuf structure, and I was wondering if tx queue threshold could help, but I'm not sure to understand well the impact of those thresholds.
Any advice is welcome :)

Best Regards,
Sylvain