[dpdk-users] Dell PowerEdge CPU IERR caused by DPDK 16.07

Anupam Kapoor anupam.kapoor at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 07:48:51 CET 2016

On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 3:45 PM, Norbert Nyakó <norbert.nyako at gmail.com>
wrote:

> As soon as I ran the testpipeline sample application on one of the
> servers it stops responding  and on the LCD info screen and in the
> logs CPU IERR error messages appear

​difficult to *conclusively* conclude ​that this might be _caused_ by dpdk.

what is the error that you see (not just the fact that you saw a CPU-IERR)
? for some more information have a look here:
http://www.dell.com/support/article/in/en/indhs1/SLN292634. maybe reseating
memory modules (or some such) on the machine where you see this might fix
the issue ?

one laborious but possible approach to conclude that this is caused (rather
than just _triggered_) by dpdk would be to invert machine configuration and
then retest ?

​--
thanks
anupam
​

In the beginning was the lambda, and the lambda was with Emacs, and Emacs
was the lambda.