[dpdk-users] Need help understanding rte_eth_dev_count

Aniraj Kesavan anirajkesavan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 08:12:29 CEST 2016

I have 1GB hugepages enabled and mounted, in fact I had traced through gdb
to find out that hugepage_init succeeds.
Or is it necessary to have 2MB hugepages in particular?

One thing I did notice is that I wasn't unbinding the devices properly. I
had to do them manually writing pci device ids to unbind location. Even
after that, I'm finding issues.

I also figured out that since I was building as a shared library, I needed
to pass -d <lib location> as a command line parameter. Even after doing
that, I'm getting the same errors.

--
Aniraj Kesavan

MS CS '15-'17,