[dpdk-users] After passing some traffic getting error tx_burst failed at lcore(1), port (0)

Tejas Kasundra tejashkasundra at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 06:10:22 CEST 2016

Hello Experts,

I am facing problem with one of my application with DPDK. Please find below
details of my setup,

Host - Ubuntu 14.04 with KVM-QEMU(4.2.0-27-generic) 64 bit
Guest - Ubuntu 14.04(3.13.0-24-generic) 64 bit
DPDK - 16.04 running in VM
Huge page - 2000(2MB) on guest VM
Intel NIC 350 T-4
Configured grub parameter - intel_iommu=on, iommu=pt
Using 4 core with DPDK

Now when I start traffic, DPDK start processing traffic and for 15-20
minutes everything works fine.

Then after a while DPDK stops processing traffic and I can see error on log
like tx_burst failed at lcore(1), port (0).

I checked DPDK process health and I do not see any problem with that like
hang or crash.

Any help or lead will be appreciated.

Br,
Tejas