[dpdk-users] MEMPOOL contentions

Wiles, Keith keith.wiles at intel.com
Fri Sep 2 20:35:20 CEST 2016

Regards,
Keith

> On Sep 2, 2016, at 1:27 PM, Junguk Cho <jmanbal at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> In my setup, I created one mempool which is shared with 5 rings.
> So, I want to know statistics of contentions between 5 rings like taking
> time to get one mbuf.
> In the manual, there are some options like CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_MEMPOOL_DEBUG.

Add the option to your config file uses in the build of DPDK and set the value to ‘y’ instead of ’n’.

Example: edit or copy say defconfig_x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc and add something like this;

CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_MEMPOOL_DEBUG=y

Then rebuild DPDK using something like ‘make install T=x86_64-native-linux-gcc -j'