[dpdk-users] Packet drop when using KNI sample application

Andriy Berestovskyy aber at semihalf.com
Thu Sep 22 10:07:44 CEST 2016

Hey Amit,
Regarding the pings. Try to set the same MAC on vEth as you have on
eth0 prior the unbind, i.e.:

# ifconfig vEth hw ether <eth0 MAC>

Regarding the logs. There are compile-time options to enable debugs in
PMDs. Please see config/common_base file for the complete list.

Not sure which driver you use, but for virtio-net you could try to
enable *_VIRTIO_DEBUG_RX/TX and then recompile the DPDK and the KNI
example.

Regards,
Andriy

--