[dpdk-users] Request for information

Neeraj Tandon (netandon) netandon at cisco.com
Wed Apr 12 00:54:03 CEST 2017

Hi,

I have just started tinkering with DPDK.   A request for pointers if following is currently feasible :

  1.  I have at present Centos Host with 3.10 Kernel running with DPDK compatible NIC and 2 MB huge pages
  2.   I install an Open Vswitch and use one of the ports in the bridge as DPDK ports
  3.  Now if I have an application in a  docker container which need to send and receive packets using these DPDK ports.

I know Open Vswitch supports DPDK but how can I configure

  1.  open Vswitch with these DPDK port to be used by docker containers
  2.  And Docker container to use these DPDK compatible interfaces.

 Is it possible at all to accomplish this configuration.  Any pointers to do that ?

Regards,
Neeraj