[dpdk-users] [SRIOV][TestPMD][OpenStack] No probed ethernet devices

Chris Paquin cpaquin at redhat.com
Fri Aug 25 00:19:49 CEST 2017

Rami, I misspoke, I was actually told not to use igb_uio as it was old and
was replaced by virtio_pci. I am now seeing that this is not the case.
After compiling 17.08, I was able to successfully bind using igb-uio.

Regarding the kernel params you mention. I did set them, but am used to
those configurations only being used for SR-IOV passthrough on Compute
nodes. Is it also correct to set them in the guest? Or are you actually
talking about the compute node?

FYI - I do have testpdm up and running, now reading through docs and
figuring out how to config.

Thanks for the reply.

CHRISTOPHER PAQUIN

SENIOR CLOUD CONSULTANT, RHCE, RHCSA-OSP

Red Hat  <https://www.redhat.com/>

M: 770-906-7646
<https://red.ht/sig>