[dpdk-users] [dpdk-dev] check_port_config error

Bruce Richardson bruce.richardson at intel.com
Tue Dec 12 15:16:00 CET 2017

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 01:22:16AM -0500, Pragash Vijayaragavan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to run dpdk app l3fwd but gives some errors.
>
> I bind my nics using dpdk-dev-bind script.
>
> I also set env variables correctly.
>
> The nb_ports is 0 when i tried printing that inside "check_port_config"
> function.
> Also I used "igb_uio" module but it still shows net_i40e
>
> can someone help me please. Thanks

Hi,

this question is more suited to the users at dpdk.org rather than the
dev at dpdk.org list.

However, in order to debug your problem, it could be useful to send on
the output of "dpdk-devbind.py -s" to show the current state of the
various ports.

> pragash at revvit:~/dpdk-stable-17.05.2/examples/l3fwd/build$ ./l3fwd -l 1-19
> --no-huge -- -p 0x07 -L --config="(0,0,1),(1,0,2)" --ipv6 --parse-ptype
> EAL: Detected 20 lcore(s)
> EAL: Probing VFIO support...
> EAL: Started without hugepages support, physical addresses not available

I notice too, that you are not running as the root user and not using
hugepage memory. In this case, the driver may not be able to function as
it cannot get the physical address information of the memory in use.
Does running using sudo and without the "--no-huge" flag work?

/Bruce