[dpdk-users] Configuring IP RSS with an XL710 interface

Dorsett, Michal Michal.Dorsett at verint.com
Tue Dec 26 22:41:25 CET 2017

Hi,

I am injecting very versatile stateful traffic using Ixia Perfect Storm at ~18Gbps.
The traffic has no tunnels. It has very simple IPv4+TCP/UDP over an Ethernet layer.
I use 3 10Gbps ports out of the 4x10 for receiving traffic. Each port has 4 queues.

When I configure the following:

    p_eth_config->rxmode.mq_mode = ETH_RSS;
    p_eth_config->rx_adv_conf.rss_conf.rss_key= NULL;
    p_eth_config->rx_adv_conf.rss_conf.rss_hf = ETH_RSS_PROTO_MASK;

Traffic is distributed evenly among the queues.

However, when I configure ETH_RSS_IP for the hash function traffic arrives only at queue 0 of each port.
Again, my IP layer is very versatile and random.

I would appreciate understanding the reason for this.

Thanks,

Michal Dorsett
Developer, Strategic IP Group
Desk: +972 962 4350
Mobile: +972 50 771 6689
Verint Cyber Intelligence
www.verint.com<http://www.verint.com/>

This electronic message may contain proprietary and confidential information of Verint Systems Inc., its affiliates and/or subsidiaries. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) named above. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive this e-mail for the intended recipient), you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to anyone this message or any information contained in this message. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by replying to this e-mail.