[dpdk-users] Optimal number of elements in mempool n = (2^q - 1) vs examples, what is the right thing to do?

Pavel Shirshov pavel.shirshov at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 16:55:43 CET 2017

Hi Olivier,

I got your point. Thank you for explaining.
My point is about following. DPDK is not so traditional library. This
library is used for high performance applications, when every detail
is important.
Your initial answer with details how mempool is implemented showed
some DPDK internal details. Which was very valuable for me.
I'm reading dpdk-users to get this kind of internal information about
DPDK, because DPDK has a good documentation, but not comprehensive
one. dpdk-users gives much more valuable information, than DPDK
documentation itself.

Thanks