[dpdk-users] Is PF-only driver allowed to upstream into dpdk?

Netala, Sameera Sameera.Netala at cavium.com
Mon Feb 13 10:43:14 CET 2017

Hi,

I am currently working on a non-nic mode user space PCI driver which processes custom packets from OCTEON 7xxx processor. As per the requirements, DPDK is the best way to achieve this.

Though I have seen few designs and sources that talk about dpdk pf drivers, I am interested to know if such a driver with pf-only support and which doesn't involve virtual functions will be allowed to upstream into DPDK sources.

Thanks,
Sameera