[dpdk-users] query on m_src buffer in crypto_op buffer

rajesh kumar rajeshisbest at yahoo.co.in
Mon Jan 9 08:00:24 CET 2017

Hi All,
As part of our development crypto frame work we want to make use of AES-NI instruction set from Intel i7 boxes for crypto operations. Want to know whether m_src under crypto_op buffer which is op->sym->m_src has to be pointed to ethernet header or any other header. This is to do cryptographic operations on the packet received. From the l2fwd sample application i could see this is pointed to ethernet header. Can i copy the data from the ipheader and do the crypto operations since ESP data will start after this only.Please provide your valuable inputs.
Thanks,Rajesh