[dpdk-users] [dpdk-dev] IGB_UIO: PCI Resources Management

Alejandro Lucero alejandro.lucero at netronome.com
Fri Jan 13 12:10:53 CET 2017

I completely misread the patch, and I wrongly thought that code was linked
to module removal, but I see this is not about that, but about releasing
the /dev/uio file calling release function, what is done by the kernel when
the process exits.

So yes, the patch avoids the problem I talked about.

However, calling that specific ixgbe driver function will break other
devices relying on igb_uio. What about implementing a notifier chain for
this? The igb_uio code would be agnostic and each interested driver, like
ixgbe or nfp_net, could execute the specific port close code when the
notifier chain triggers.