[dpdk-users] [dpdk-dev] IGB_UIO: PCI Resources Management

Ferruh Yigit ferruh.yigit at intel.com
Thu Jan 19 16:59:03 CET 2017

On 1/13/2017 5:33 AM, Tan, Jianfeng wrote:

> [...]

I thinks implementing uio_info->release and uio_info.open is good idea,
but I have a few questions:

1- What is the the dependency to "iomem and ioport mapping" patch?

2- If we keep pci_enable_device() in probe() can this prevent moving
registering/freeing interrupts in open()/release()

3- And is pci_disable_device() done in release is enough to stop NIC DMA
to access memory?

I did a simple test, implemented simple uio_info->release and
uio_info.open, which only does pci_disable_device() and
pci_enable_device(),
but this prevent app receiving packets in its second run, independent
from app terminated gracefully or not. Any idea why this is not working?

btw, I can produce the problematic case, as George Prekas described in:
http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/users/2016-September/001026.html

CC'ed George, since he also seems interested in issue.