[dpdk-users] VIRTIO for containers

Avi Cohen (A) avi.cohen at huawei.com
Mon Jul 10 08:49:00 CEST 2017

[Avi Cohen (A)]
Thanks Jianfeng
The penalty here that this vhost-kthread consumes very much CPU  on a high throughput scenario  - more than 80% CPU on ~ 10Gbps throughput
And this is in addition to the 100% CPU of the PMD threads
Also when PMD threads can be shared between multiple containers - the vhost-kthread is per container.
Best Regards
avi