[dpdk-users] Rx Can't receive anymore packet after received 1.5 billion packet.

vuonglv at viettel.com.vn vuonglv at viettel.com.vn
Mon Jul 17 04:03:55 CEST 2017

Hi DPDK team,
Sorry when I send this email to both of group users and dev. But I have
big problem: Rx core on my application can not receive anymore packet
after I did the stress test to it (~1 day Rx core received ~ 1.5 billion
packet). Rx core still alive but didn't receive any packet and didn't
generate any log. Below is my system configuration:
- OS: CentOS 7
- Kernel: 3.10.0-514.16.1.el7.x86_64
- Huge page: 32G: 16384 page 2M
- NIC card: Intel 85299
- DPDK version: 16.11
- Architecture: Rx (lcore 1) received packet then queue to the ring
----- Worker (lcore 2) dequeue packet in the ring and free it (use
rte_pktmbuf_free() function).
- Mempool create: rte_pktmbuf_pool_create (
                                          "rx_pool",                  /*
name */
                                          8192,                     /*
number of elemements in the mbuf pool */
256,                                            /* Size of per-core
object cache */
0,                                                 /* Size of
application private are between rte_mbuf struct and data buffer */
                                          RTE_MBUF_DEFAULT_BUF_SIZE, /*
Size of data buffer in each mbuf (2048 + 128)*/
0                                                   /* socket id */
                             );
If I change "number of elemements in the mbuf pool" from 8192 to 512, Rx
have same problem after shorter time (~ 30s).

Please tell me if you need more information. I am looking forward to
hearing from you.

Many thanks,
Vuong Le