[dpdk-users] Is it possible to use distributor library in multi-process mode ?

Jean-Philippe ANDRIOT jp.andriot at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 22:17:40 CEST 2017

Hi,

I would like to use packet distributor library in multi-process mode,
meaning both distributor core and every worker are running in a
different process (secondary proc type).

However, there is no /rte_distributor_lookup/ function to get a
distributor instance from a DPDK secondary process, such as
/rte_ring_lookup/ for rings.

I had a look to the implementation of both ring and distributor and it
looks like both are created the same way (rte_memzone allocation and
registration in a RTE_TAILQ in shm).

So I'm wondering if the rte_distributor_lookup function could be easily
implemented ( based on rte_ring_lookup ) or if there are specific issues
which prevent distributor to be used in multi process mode.

Thanks !