[dpdk-users] memory pool size in Raspberry pi 3 AF_PACKET PMD

Karthikraj palanichamy karthikraj.palanichamy at veryxtech.com
Mon Jun 12 17:44:20 CEST 2017

I am using DPDK in a Raspberry pi 3 machine using AF_PACKET PMD.

I have two memory pools, one for tx and other for rx.

When I set the size of memory pool as 8192, there is no problem. But
when I increase it to 16384, mempool creation fails though more than
800MB of RAM available.

Is this behavior because of AF_PACKET PMD? Any suggestion on how to
increase memory pool size will be helpful.

Thanks!

Karthik

DISCLAIMER: Privileged and/or Confidential information may be
contained in this message. If you are not the addressee of this message,
you may not copy, use or deliver this message to anyone. In such
event,you should destroy the message and kindly notify the sender by
reply e-mail.
It is understood that opinions or conclusions that do not relate to the
official business of the company are neither given nor endorsed by the
company.