[dpdk-users] Steering tagged frames into queues (XL710)

Martin Trommer Martin.Trommer at rohde-schwarz.com
Wed Jun 14 14:32:55 CEST 2017

Hi,

I recently come to the problem to steer frames, up to 5 times VLAN tagged, to queues.

As I understand the XL710 documentation, more than 2 VLAN tags can not be parsed by HW and so not put to queues by RSS.

Also in my investigations I got to work RSS with double tagged frames. But more than two VLANs will disturb RSS (all frames going to queue 0). So I am looking for other ways doing frame steering into queues.

Do you have any hints how to steer triple and more tagged frames to queues ?

Environment:

NIC XL710 (nvm 5.04)

DPDK 17.05

Thanx