[dpdk-users] [dpdk-dev] seg fault in InterVM communication using virtio

mitali mitaliyada at cse.iitb.ac.in
Thu Mar 2 13:32:28 CET 2017

Hi,

Ok. But with other PMDs like igb, when we are providing sriov vf to VM
and running our client/server dpdk application then there is no issue in
communication between VMs.
As soon as we use virtio setup for VMs and running same dpdk
application, it stops after sending 127 packet and seg fault comes while
executing rte_eth_tx_burst(). We are still not clear why with virtio its
creating this issue but not with any other PMD.

Mitali