[dpdk-users] Issue with more Cores assigned: Cannot mmap device resource file

Kai Zhang kay21s at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 04:29:48 CET 2017

Update:

After unbinding the ports on machine A, the program passes rte_eal_init()
and works correctly with the primary process for any number of cores.

>From the error message when binding the port, I think there are some
resource allocation issues with the bound port. But why is it related with
the number of cores ...

EAL: Cannot mmap device resource file
/sys/bus/pci/devices/*0000:02:00.0*/resource0
to address: 0x7fff65bfc000
EAL: Error - exiting with code: 1
  Cause: Requested device *0000:02:00.0* cannot be used

Regards,
Kai