[dpdk-users] OS hang when running helloworld example with two I210 NICs

Hunt, David david.hunt at intel.com
Tue Mar 21 15:46:32 CET 2017

On 21/3/2017 1:52 PM, Michal Michalowski wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I do not use any PCI riser or multiplexer. I have 4 PCIe slots.
> 1) PCIe x1           -    NIC1 (24:00)
> 2) PCIe x16         -    Graphics card
> 3) PCIe x1           -    disabled
> 4) PCIe x4           -   NIC2 (18:00)
>

> Output of lscpi is:
> michal at michal-HP-Z200-Workstation:~$ sudo lspci -t
> -+-[0000:3f]-+-00.0
>   |           +-00.1
>   |           +-02.0
>   |           +-02.1
>   |           +-03.0
>   |           +-03.1
>   |           +-03.2
>   |           +-03.4
>   |           +-04.0
>   |           +-04.1
>   |           +-04.2
>   |           +-04.3
>   |           +-05.0
>   |           +-05.1
>   |           +-05.2
>   |           \-05.3
>   \-[0000:00]-+-00.0
>               +-03.0-[01]--+-00.0
>               |            \-00.1
>               +-08.0
>               +-08.1
>               +-08.2
>               +-08.3
>               +-10.0
>               +-10.1
>               +-16.0
>               +-16.3
>               +-19.0
>               +-1a.0
>               +-1b.0
>               +-1c.0-[18]----00.0
>               +-1c.4-[24]----00.0
>               +-1d.0
>               +-1e.0-[10]----00.0
>               +-1f.0
>               \-1f.2
>
> Cheers,
> Michal

Michal,
    Looks OK to me. At this point I don't know what's causing your
issue. And it's likely that if you switched those NICs into a more
modern server (the Z200 is quite old at this stage), it's likely that
everything would just work. All I can suggest at this stage is to maybe
get your hands on a PCIe x1 GFX card to free up the x16 slot, and try
using the gen2 x16 and the x4 for the NICs.
Dave.