[dpdk-users] active_backup link bonding and mac address

Kyle Larose klarose at sandvine.com
Fri May 12 17:34:50 CEST 2017

Hey Declan,

Thanks for the prompt response.

I agree with your suggestion. Does this MAC list propagate to the slave NICs' hardware layers?
That is, even if a slave isn't in promiscuous mode, if it receives a frame addressed to any
MAC in its list, it will accept it and deliver it to the software? Or, does it mean we need to
put the slave into promiscuous mode, but filter any MACs not in its list (unless the bond
interface itself is in promiscuous mode)?

Thanks,

Kyle