[dpdk-users] Second attempt for help - VLAN issue

Reutemann, Alan areutemann at tnsi.com
Tue May 23 15:18:16 CEST 2017

Greetings,

I've tried asking this question earlier but got the following response:
The message's content type was not explicitly allowed

I don't know what that means.  So, I'll try again...

I'm looking for help regarding using DPDK pktgen to send IP V4 VLAN messages from a pcap file.  I am able to send IP V4 pcap messages but was only able to do that after using the 'enable 0 pcap' command - as expected.  However, when I try the same command for vlan, i.e., 'enable 0 vlan', I get a Segmentation Violation.  Is this a bug or do I need other configuration to permit that capability?

Using dpdk-pktgen-3.2.4
Fedora release 25 (Twenty Five)

Thanks for any help,

Alan Reutemann | Software Engineer
Transaction Network Services
 3000 Bayport Drive | Suite 900 | Tampa | FL  33607 | USA

 +1 813 261 8873 |   +1 813 261 8851|   areutemann at tnsi.com |   www.tnsi.com

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)and may
contain confidential and privileged information of Transaction Network Services.
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.