[dpdk-users] [dpdk-dev] ixgbe: link status for PF up/down is not updating using LSI DPDK16.11.1 Sample App

Shashikant Poonia shashikantpoonia89 at gmail.com
Fri May 26 15:11:26 CEST 2017

Hi All,

I am running Link Status Interrupt(LSI) DPDK sample application to test
link status by making PF up/down using 'ip link set dev <intface>
up/down'.  I would think, it should trigger 'ixgbe_dev_interrupt_handler()'
when we do interface up/down. But looks like it is not triggered
'ixgbe_dev_interrupt_handler()' to update link status.

setup details:

DPDK 16.11.1   LSI sample application
Host:    rhel 7.2 having Intel X540  10G card
Guest:  KVM  hypervisor attached VFs

Execute LSI binary on Guest using
./link_status_interrupt -c 2 -n 4 -- -q 2 -p 0x3

My main goal to check the link status of VF's on Guest machine, but looks
like its not updated on PF itself. So once this works then i hope it works
for VF as well

Please do let me know, whether i am missing any configuraion/patch ? Any
help would be appreciated

Shashikant Poonia