[dpdk-users] using the KNI on Amazon EC2

Cody Doucette doucette at bu.edu
Wed Nov 29 00:33:02 CET 2017

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 6:59 PM, Ferruh Yigit <ferruh.yigit at intel.com>
wrote:
> Bringing interface up via ifconfig should be working.
> Are you testing kni sample app or kni pmd?

Indeed it does work!

The issue turned out to be that my implementation for the KNI
config_network_if() callback was using the
dev_set_link_up/dev_set_link_down APIs, as the IP pipeline example does.
However, the KNI sample application uses the dev_start/dev_stop/link_update
APIs to implement configuring the interface.

The ENA driver does not implement dev_set_link_up/dev_set_link_down, so I
was getting an error that the operation not supported. Using the
config_network_if() callback implementation that the KNI sample application
uses works!

Thank you.