[dpdk-users] 8K flow limit

Wiles, Keith keith.wiles at intel.com
Wed Oct 11 14:31:09 CEST 2017

> On Oct 11, 2017, at 3:57 AM, Jacobus Gericke <jacobus.gericke at netronome.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> We are running Pktgen on two seperate VMs.  We use a range of src mac
> addresses to create a certain amount of flows. We have noticed that there
> is a ~8K flow limit per VF bonded to the VM. It is basically a limit of 8K
> src macs that create a flow for each port/VF. Is this a Pktgen limit? Is
> there a way to achieve more flows per VF bonded to the VM?

In Pktgen this is a limit to the amount of memory allocated per port for the range command. You can increase the number by increasing the define in the file app/pktgen-constants.h and increase the number of packets per port. Increasing these numbers will consume memory very quickly so be be careful.

> --
> Kind regards
> Jaco Gericke

Regards,