[dpdk-users] Low level understanding of mbufs needed.

Andriy Berestovskyy aber at semihalf.com
Mon Sep 4 13:03:53 CEST 2017

Hey Andrew,
Please note that each buffer has a headroom and a tailroom, so
basically you might just encapsulate and decapsulate mbufs in-place,
just modifying the headers and the adjusting the mbuf headroom.

For general description please have a look here:
http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/prog_guide/mbuf_lib.html

The function you might want to use is rte_pktmbuf_adj():
http://dpdk.org/doc/api/rte__mbuf_8h.html#a1bbd752194759ce7b419c4998f2e8651

and rte_pktmbuf_prepend():
http://dpdk.org/doc/api/rte__mbuf_8h.html#aadf5bef4ceb0b76dfafff0895f285ab0

Regards,