[dpdk-users] Linux descheduling DPDK transmit thread in SMP system? Any help greatly appreciated...

terry.montague.1980 at btinternet.com terry.montague.1980 at btinternet.com
Wed Sep 6 09:48:58 CEST 2017

Stephen - thank-you for your input.

Tens of milliseconds seems an awful long time for some kernel-side resource lock, although its obviously doing something with the time. There is only one user thread running on this core (my transmit thread).

Does anyone have an approach to suggest to narrow this down a bit? Would I expect this to be worse on an SMP system?

Many thanks

Terry.