[dpdk-users] Newbie query: DPDK use case scenario

Anupam Kapoor anupam.kapoor at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 07:07:20 CEST 2017

,----
| 1: if DPDK is something that our team can utilize for providing a
| faster networking platform, which the applications team (say teams
| that use standard unix networking interface to develop software)
| can use ? or DPDK is relevant mostly for companies that build Core
| Networking Hardware and Software products ?
`----
this would be very usecase dependent.

fwiw, dpdk doesnt really come with a canonical network stack, and you
would need something for app folks to use.

if you look at bunch of sample applications
(http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/sample_app_ug/index.html) you can get a
fair idea of effort etc. required for your usecase.

--
kind regards
anupam

In the beginning was the lambda, and the lambda was with Emacs, and Emacs
was the lambda.