[dpdk-users] Intel X550 packet receive length truncation (ixgbe PMD)

terry.montague.1980 at btinternet.com terry.montague.1980 at btinternet.com
Mon Sep 25 18:46:56 CEST 2017

Hi all,
I appear to have stumbled into the problem where received data coming into the X550 (ixgbe PMD) is truncated in length to 1024 bytes.
I've followed this issue : https://github.com/pktgen/Pktgen-DPDK/issues/103
and adjusted the size of the mbufs created by rte_pktmbuf_pool_create() to be RTE_MBUF_DEFAULT_DATAROOM + RTE_PKTMBUF_HEADROOM  :  i.e. 2048 + 128 bytes.
However, the receive side now stops receiving packets, 31 packets after startup. If I change the value of rxConfig.rx_free_thresh sent into rte_eth_rx_queue_setup() to 64, then it stops after 63 incoming packets.
Any ideas anyone ? What am I doing wrong?
Many thanks
Terry.