[dpdk-users] DPDK device name

Rosen, Rami rami.rosen at intel.com
Thu Apr 19 09:15:07 CEST 2018

Hi Flip,
I assume that by "port numbers" you mean the PCI bus id (BDF)
that is used by DPDK (for bind, for example).

You can fetch the bus id for a netdevice named "eth0" by
ethtool -i eth0 | grep bus-info
bus-info: 0000:01:00.0

If you mean the internal port number (starting from 0 for the first port, and so on) inside DPDK, then there is no
mapping between the interface name (as seen by ifconfig) and the internal DPDK port number.

Regards,
Rami  Rosen