[dpdk-users] DPDK vmxnet3 performance issue

Shawn Zheng forsakening at sina.cn
Thu Aug 2 03:06:44 CEST 2018

Hi All,
I`m doing some performance optimization on Vcenter 5.5 , and using vmxnet3 as the vnic type.

When I setup dpdk l2fwd example, I found there`s only about 400~500kpps when using one tx (rx) ring.

So, I wonder if this pps is already the ring value , or should I do some optimization on my EXIS system.

(Cuz the vmxnet3 is the para-visualization, it may has poor performance than virtio,but I want to know what pps is the right value).
Thanks in advance.