[dpdk-users] Compile DPDK 17.11 with Mellanox NIC support

Nelio Laranjeiro nelio.laranjeiro at 6wind.com
Fri Jan 5 09:40:05 CET 2018

On Fri, Jan 05, 2018 at 09:02:54AM +0100, george.dit at gmail.com wrote:
>    Hi Nelio,
>    Thanks for the prompt reply and guidance!
>    My OFED version was 4.1, that's why I was unable to build DPDK 17.11.
>    With OFED 4.2 everything works on my kernel (v4.4)!
>    I have one more question: What is the suggested OFED version in order to
>    have a fully featured NIC with all the DPDK classification/offloading
>    capabilities?
>    My NICs are 100G ConnectX-4 (dual and single port).
<snip/>

The one referenced in the documentation, you can still download and
install the latest GA from Mellanox website [1] (the link is also in the
documentation).
You can also take a look at features documentation page [2] on DPDK
documentation, those set to 'Y' are supported by the MLNX_OFED version
and (almost) by RDMA-Core.

Regards,

[1] http://www.mellanox.com/page/products_dyn?product_family=26&mtag=linux_sw_drivers&ssn=l6arvsaqjfc9t768ll2nqa9dh3
[2] https://dpdk.org/doc/guides/nics/overview.html