[dpdk-users] PF link status is not getting detected correctly by dpdk driver in VM

Tushar Mulkar tusharmulkar at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 11:44:14 CET 2018

I think the IX710 device doesn't support the Link Change Interrupt. I have
enabled the debug traces and I could see following in the messages

Jan 10 02:07:53 <hostname>  packet-forwarding[1518]: rte_eth_dev_configure:
driver net_i40e_vf does not support lsc

Also I could verify that the virtual function bound to kernel (i.e. i40evf
) is able to detect the link failure in the PF.

Tushar