[dpdk-users] xl710 NIC doesn't receive 1518 bytes packets

Alex Kiselev kiselev99 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 14:44:15 CET 2018

> Hi Kyle.

>> Did you set the MTU on the bond port? It has separate configuration IIRC.

I don't see any special API functions for setting MTU of a bonding
port neither in 17.08.1
that I am currently using nor in the latest DPDK branch.

So, I use regular MTU setting function rte_eth_dev_set_mtu() for my
bond port created via command line arguments.
And It doesn't work. 1518 bytes packets are being filtered.

I tried to hardcode setting MTU for each slave port and it solved the
problem. So, it looks like
the problem is the rte_eth_dev_set_mtu() call that doesn't change MTU
of slave ports when it is called
for a bonding port.

The described problem exists at least with i40e driver and doesn't
show up when I use x520 NICS.

--
Alex Kiselev