[dpdk-users] mac_local_errors ixgbe counter incremented

Arjun Pandey apandepublic at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 10:18:59 CEST 2018

Hi folks

In my setup i was checking some issues while browsing through ethtool
-S output , i see mac_local_errors and mac_remote_errors counts to be
non-zero.

Based on my understanding, (feel free to correct me here) these
statistics indicate that ethernet fault handling has detected issues
at phy layer. As a result of which packet transmission  on this port
is stopped.

But i don't see this issue all the time. So i had 2 questions :-
1. What are more diagnostics/tools that can be run to figure out more
details on this ?
2. Will switching the cable help here ?

Regards
Arjun