[dpdk-users] pktgen run.py error: NameError: name 'false' is not defined

Uditha Bandara ubndra at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 01:25:23 CEST 2018

Hi,

I'm trying to install Pktgen on a system running Linux Mint 18.1 Serena.
I followed the steps given in:

http://pktgen-dpdk.readthedocs.io/en/latest/getting_started.html

When I executed "./tools/run.py -s default" I am getting the following
error.

uditha at udithapc ~/sandbox/pktgen/pktgen-dpdk $ ./tools/run.py -s default
>>> sdk '/home/uditha/sandbox/pktgen/dpdk', target
'x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./tools/run.py", line 361, in <module>
    main()
  File "./tools/run.py", line 358, in main
    setup_cfg(cfg_file)
  File "./tools/run.py", line 219, in setup_cfg
    cfg = load_cfg(cfg_file)
  File "./tools/run.py", line 119, in load_cfg
    cfg = imp.load_source('cfg', '', f)
  File "", line 1, in <module>

NameError: name 'false' is not defined

I have tried cleaning up the files and a re-install but getting the same
error. Does any of the config files needed to be edited before this step?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Uditha